Kaity-Jane Culbertson's Reviews > The Waiting Place: Learning to Appreciate Life's Little Delays

The Waiting Place by Eileen Button

4419101
May 30, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

The Waiting Place was a remarkable book that will be staying in my shelf forever. It was absolutely amazing. Button's humorous writings made me laugh continuously while the impact of each lesson hit me full force and caused me to step back and take a look at my own life.

The main message of this book was found in a few simple words -- "In life you have to wait. Its how you wait that matters."
What a profound statement! Truth rings through it, and it really makes a person step back and evaluate their life. Especially mine, as I find myself waiting for a lot at this stage of life -- mainly to move back to the place I call home. But, as Button so wonderfully puts, sometimes you life's unexpected joys in the waiting place.

The content was mild.

Sensuality:

Button mentions on a few occasions being tangled or snuggling in her husband's arms, and also a part where she's discussing her kids and how her and her husband won't have to worry about the kids hearing them "making love" after they're out of the house.
There is a card she reads that says "Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro, can you tie them in a knot, can you time them in a bow?" off the old "Do your ears hang low" song.
Something minor that I thought I should mention is that Button calls the chuch her husband's "mistress" because she has to fight for time with him(her hubby is a pastor).

All in all, this was an amazing, incredible book that I HIGHLY recommend!

I received this free book in return for an honest review from Book Sneeze. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Waiting Place.

07/12/2011 page 180