James's Reviews > The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

bookshelves: 1-fiction, 2-fic-childrens

Book Review
Everyone's heard of SEUSS (Dr) (I hope). 4 stars to The Cat in the Hat, an adorable children's book full of little amusing pictures and rhymes.

Kids love the absurdity. It's an opportunity for the reader to use different voices... to dress up... to be free and fun and just enjoy reading.

Though it could be used as a way to teach kids about rhymes, as well as what's real and not real... my recommendation with this one is to just HAVE FUN! Act out all the scenes. Make it a fun Saturday experience with your kids, friends, nephews, nieces, cousins.

Teach kids to enjoy reading.

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews... here's the scoop: I read A LOT. I write A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you'll also find TV & Film reviews, the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge and lots of blogging about places I've visited all over the world. And you can find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

[polldaddy poll=9729544]

[polldaddy poll=9719251]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cat in the Hat.

Started Reading
January 1, 1989 – Finished Reading
August 7, 2016 – Shelved
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 1-fiction
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 2-fic-childrens

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I've never read it. No children so that's why. Great review though James.

Candace James, thank you for bringing back good memories. I love this book.

James It's such a short fun little book. Definitely peruse at the book store next time!

Thank you. And I'm glad to bring happy memories.

message 4: by Caron (new)

Caron I never read the book but I watched the movie quite a few times. I'll definitely be reading this soon!

James Caron wrote: "I never read the book but I watched the movie quite a few times. I'll definitely be reading this soon!" Cool. enjoy.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie One of my daughter's favorite books when she was growing up. I got to read it again to my granddaughter.. Love the Dr Seuss books.

James I have a few more to review soon!

James Great memory to share. :)

Gretchen d hillman Thx for giving me and my family memories, me and my family gave not readied it in a long time

Gretchen d hillman Have*