Kaine Andrews's Reviews > All Good Stories

All Good Stories by Linda G. Hill

Well, that was different...

I came into this book not quite knowing what to expect. I knew it would involve "mushy stuff," and that it was liable to be more lighthearted than my usual fare, but beyond that I didn't have much to go on.

Let me say that I am glad I took the trip. Sometimes whim and chance lead us to things that we would not otherwise have come across, and in those moments we should be thankful.

The technical portion of the program is well done, and while in the first few chapters you might be prone to thinking it childish or a little over-the-top, it becomes clearer towards the end and you start to see how it all fits together. The final whammy - and the opportunity to read the central story that forms the third layer of the work - cap things off nicely and offer an explanation for the apparent oddity of certain turns of phrase elsewhere.

It's not your standard romance, and gives this particular book-lover and writer a warm fuzzy feeling that there may yet be hope after all. If you're even slightly on the fence about it, take the plunge. You'll enjoy it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Good Stories.

August 7, 2016 – Shelved
August 7, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 10, 2016 – Started Reading
August 26, 2016 –
August 26, 2016 –
85.0% "Well, that was an interesting twist... Liking this more than I suspected I would at the start."
August 26, 2016 – Finished Reading