T.R. Graves's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

May 29, 2011

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) is a fantastic follow-up to the Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1). Of course, I would expect nothing more from Cassandra Clare. What a phenomenal author, writer, and story-teller.

This is one of those books that will make you want to stop the rest of the world so you can devote your undivided attention to Tess, Will, Jem, and the vivid world Ms. Clare has created. If you do just that, you will not be disappointed. Once finished, you will endure withdrawals and anxiously await Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3).

I love the way Tess is torn between Will and Jem. I find myself pulled in exactly the same way...like the one she is with is the one I think she should be with. Then, I feel guilty for it later. In fact, I really, really want to see who Tess ends up with and how Ms. Clare does it in a manner whereby the parabatai relationship between the two men remains strong and powerful since their demon-hunting success is dependent on it.

Making this book's characters real is the disappointment I feel anytime the Shadowhunters are betrayed...especially when that disloyalty comes from people who are deep within the Institutes circle of trust.

In the end, I would say this series, its characters, its excitement, its world is absolutely comparable to The Mortal Instruments, one of my all-time favorite series.

T. R. Graves, author
Warriors of the Cross (The Warrior Series, #1) by T.R. Graves Guardians of the Cross (The Warrior Series, #2) by T.R. Graves Enemies of the Cross (The Warrior Series, #3) by T.R. Graves
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Jessica Loved this book! Which one did you like better? This or Clockwork Angel?

T.R. Graves I loved Clockwork Angel, but Clockwork Prince catapulted this series up and into the top ten list of my all-time favorite series.

As an author, I'm awed and amazed by Cassandra Clare's writing ability. After reading her work, I'm inspired by her talent for creating endearing characters; her skill for making the readers fall in love (like Tess and Jem & Tess and Will); and her gift for building unrealistic yet completely believable worlds. She is absolutely AMAZING!

Jessica I would totally have to agree! She is AMAZING!!! It always blows me away with what all she comes up with.