T.R. Graves's Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

May 29, 2011

Catching Fire is a phenomenal follow-up to The Hunger Games. Now that it's finished, I feel like I'm suffering from a strange compulsion...one pushing me to read Mockingjay as soon as possible in order to find out what happens to people who have - for all practical purposes - become friends: Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch, Cinna, and Prim. I was excited to see the introduction of a great new character: Finnick. More than anything, I'm glad to find the traits I loved most about The Hunger Games were constants within Catching Fire.

The evolution from a game impacting a few people to a game impacting an entire universe of people was perfect. The need - soul-deep yearning - for Katniss to save this world of people who are mentally and physically abused by the District (and President Snow) is so real that even I, the reader, am overwhelmed with the task. Somehow, Katniss does what I'm not sure I could ever do.

I've said it before, and I'll say again when I review Mockingjay, but Suzanne Collins is an AMAZING, GIFTED, and EXTRAORDINARY writer! If you haven't begun to read this series, I would strongly recommend that you stop what you are doing, proceed to the nearest bookstore (online or down the road), and get all three. Trust me...you will not be able to stop once you start.

T.R. Graves
Warriors of the Cross
Guardians of the Cross
Enemies of the Cross
Left
Grave Bound
Underground
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

Jessica Doesn't this have the craziest of crazy endings?!

T.R. Graves Yes. I absolutely did not see it coming. I'll begin Mockingjay today and finish early next week. I'll let you know my opinion on the series as a whole after that. So far, I completely understand why everyone likes it so much.