Kristina's Reviews > Legend

1966353
May 29, 2011

bookshelves: arc-egalley-for-review
Read in November, 2011

I did not have high expectations for Legend. It looked good, but I didn't think it was going to be as awesome and amazing as it was! I loved everything about it. I wanted to read it again as soon as I finished it!

Legend is told through two different POV-June and Day. June's character took me a little while to get used too. She 100% believes in her Republic. She thinks everything they do is really for the people. She is a soldier who never knew what it was like to be poor. She is the complete opposite of Day. Day is the most wanted man in the Republic. He is also the most feared. But really, he isn't bad at all. He hates the government and wants to piss them off. He wants to provide for his family, who thinks he is dead, and help other poor people like his family. I loved Day from the very first page. There was such a goodness about him that was very commendable with everything he has been through.

I wonder if the second book in the series is going to be about overthrowing the government, but I liked that this one wasn't about that. Legend was a perfect introduction to the world and the characters. The place where June and Day live is a very scary place.

Dystopian is not my favorite genre, mainly because it scares me, but I love the world that Marie Lu created. I also love the simplicity of the cover and I think it worked really well with the story.

Legend is a debut that is not to be missed! It was everything that I could want in a story. I am very much looking forward to the second one!

Since I loved Legend so much and I have an extra copy of it, I want to give one away.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

11/06/2011 page 117