Peter Megyeri's Reviews > Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick

Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick by Philip K. Dick

I've read some Dick before and I truly love his works. This selection features many short stories that have been turned into movies over time and it was really fun to read the originals. I read somewhere that he was more successful as a short-story writer than as a novelist, and I can truly say that these short stories are really fine. It's not an exaggaration to call Dick a visionary writer of his time. The only thing that prevents me giving this collection 5 stars is that it consists of short-stories. Now, it may be the case that short-stories are not for me after all, but I often found that as soon as I started to care about the characters, the story ended and another began. So it may just be that I'm more of a novel-person, but if these star-ratings reflect the amount of fun I had reading this, I must stick with 4 stars. Although, I would encourage anyone to try it, you probably would find this book highly entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick.

Quotes Peter Liked

Philip K. Dick
“Objective reality is a synthetic construct, dealing with a hypothetical universalization of a multitude of subjective realities.”
Philip K. Dick, Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick