James's Reviews > Changes

Changes by Jim Butcher

May 29, 2011

Amazing.

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

This book is really a step up in the quality of the series, and I mean a massive, huge, gargantuan step up. And it was good before, this is amazing.

Normally I don't like the idea of the protagonist having a kid or other stuff like that as I feel it hems the character in a bit. However, Butcher brings this twist in at the perfect moment in the series, so perfect that I think that it would have been wrong to do so - and I really hate the idea of protagonists having kids. Hate it.

The series also seems to come to some sort of climax here - although, thank God, it's not the end and hopefully no where near it - which really blew me away. Seriously, this shows you how a long running series can work really really well. In fact I don't think I have read a better long running series.

Hats off to Butcher for producing such an amazing, exhilarating tale that just captivates you from the very beginning (and I mean the very beginning). I would suggest this to anyone, and everyone.

Have fun reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changes.