Victoria Simcox's Reviews > Broken Pieces

Broken Pieces by Martha Perez

Abby needs to make the right choice, but she is wavering as to which one is the best for her. A couple of men in her life harbor flashes from her previous life. It wasn’t long before this, the only thing absent from her life was a relationship with a man. She’d made for herself a good life even though her past was rocky. She had suffered bodily and mental abuse that stems from a fragmented past, due to a flawed upbringing. Her marriage fell apart and she suffered abuse and deprivation for as long as she can remember. Abby and her sister Megan, are of the many sad cases that have grown up enduring abuse. Their parents, even grandparents all played a part in this. Author Martha Perez’s writing has a way of drawing the reader in and holding their attention throughout the narrative. The relationships built are very intriguing as well, and I loved how Abby’s indecisiveness kept me wondering which direction she was going to take. There are sad situations in this read, but then there are times when I was smiling and even laughing. I really enjoyed this captivating, emotional novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Pieces.

Started Reading