Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Awakening Kiss

Awakening Kiss by Sharon Kay

bookshelves: arc-review-copy, 4-stars, fav-demon-books, favorites

I relish returning to the Watcher world. The verity of demons and the warrior Watcher’s are all delicious. Their was a lot to savor in Awakening Kiss.

The author dose a wonderful job explaining how the world, mates work, and all the different creatures, so if you have never picked up a Watcher's Kiss book before you could grab this one and go. It reads well as a stand-a-lone!

I liked how the story started. Our heroin has no clue as to her heritage (who she is) and stumbles into a supernatural conflict. I have to say she took things rather well. It almost felt like she took things to well, but it was nice not to have to deal with an upset or over reaction from the heroin. Our hero, Lash demon, and Watcher is yummy. What can I say. Rhys is a scrumptious demon.

Rhys and Enza are drawn towards each other after that first run in. He wants to learn more about her and she feels a connection to him. When they end up having their first kiss... HOLY MOLY it's EXPLOSIVE! As for the romance, it was nice and they make an adorable couple. I'm not sure I can buy into her trusting him so much after only one day. Trust takes time.

I had a delectable time and look forward to more in the Watcher’s Kiss series.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Author Sharon Kay with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakening Kiss.

August 5, 2016 – Shelved