Jennifer Lane's Reviews > Use Somebody

Use Somebody by Beck Anderson

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, series, dysfunctional-family-fun, male-pov, funny

I Hope It's Gonna Make You Notice...

...Someone like me, thinks Jeremy, super agent to the stars. He's all about wooing supermodels in Los Angeles. Here he shares his methods for getting his woo on:

I can tell you how to get a woman in bed. You tell me what she likes, I'll tell you the way into her boudoir. Is she a Midwestern girl? I bet she loves football. Find out her favorite team, fly her to their stadium, invite her dad, get a meet and greet. Ka-ching. You will score.

*jaw hangs open* This Midwestern girl is TOTALLY swooning!

But when his friend/client Andy takes him on a fishing trip on the waters of Idaho, Jeremy is out of his depth. He can't drive his Tesla along the PCH (what a snob) and cell phone service is spotty (*gasps*). He's so irritable he almost comes to blows with Andy's other friend, Todd.

When Jeremy meets elite fly-fisherwoman, Macy, he definitely takes notice. She's not impressed by him, and sasses him right back. The more she plays hard to get, the more he's intrigued. Men.

I like the backstory of what made Jeremy so driven and ball-busting. His musings are a pleasure to read, like his insight into fake social media:

I'm sorry, but I'm not a big believer in the "here I am having a snow cone, oh look I just snapped a pic of it in the light of the sunset while I happened to be wearing a fashionable floppy hat" kind of bullshit.

...and his belief that "talent is sexy":

Listen, hot girls are one thing, but a good-looking woman who is gifted at something? That is pure sex. Have you ever watched a really good female bartender? That is hot. So is a pilot, or a musician, or a painter, or a glass blower, or, gee, I don't know, a fly fisherwoman.

Andy's wife Kelly tells Jeremy, "I find you lovable but mildly disgusting because of your general lack of moral compass."

Can Jeremy find a better sense of moral direction and land the big fish(erwoman)? Stay tuned in this delightful third book of the Fix You series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Use Somebody.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Beck Anderson
“And this, my friends, is how love f*cks up your life.”
Beck Anderson, Use Somebody

Beck Anderson
“I was just wondering how long we were going to pretend like we annoyed each other before we started sleeping together.”
Beck Anderson, Use Somebody

August 5, 2016 – Shelved
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: series
September 30, 2016 – Started Reading
September 30, 2016 –
30.0% "Love the potential transformation from douchey to delicious."
October 2, 2016 –
68.0% ""And this, my friends, is how love f****s up your life.""
October 10, 2016 – Shelved as: dysfunctional-family-fun