Stacee's Reviews > As She Fades

As She Fades by Abbi Glines

bookshelves: physical-arc, dnf, read-in-2018

DNF on page 86

I’ve enjoyed some of Abbi’s other books and I liked the synopsis of this one.

Vale has a lot of potential. She’s smart and caring and seems to have a big heart. Unfortunately, her inner monologue is 100% about Crawford and that got super boring super fast. I mean, I’m not completely heartless, the coma situation is sad, yet in 86 pages, I saw no indication that there would be growth.

Plot wise, not much happened in the parts that I read. Oh, there was a lot of girls throwing themselves at Slate, a lot of girls calling other girls sluts and whores, and a lot of talk of sex and blow jobs. So there’s that.

I’ve seen other reviews talk about a twist and I was curious, so I skipped to the end and read some of it, but it didn’t compel me to go further. I was bored and had no connection to any of the characters.

I’m not going to rate this because maybe that twist would have changed things. If I were to rate it from what I read, it would be one star.

**Huge thanks to Feiwel and Friends for providing the arc free of charge**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As She Fades.

August 5, 2016 – Shelved
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 25, 2018 – Started Reading
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: physical-arc
February 25, 2018 –
page 61
22.43% "I don’t think this is what I’m in the mood for. Blarg."
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: dnf
February 25, 2018 – Shelved as: read-in-2018
February 25, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Gabriela lol you gave up and missed out a major plot twist, well then..

message 2: by Stacee (new) - added it

Stacee Gabriela wrote: "lol you gave up and missed out a major plot twist, well then.."

No, I found the twist and read it and some of what happened after, but it wasn’t enough to interest me to go back to where I stopped and and finish the book. :)

Joelie It wasn’t her best but you need to read page 161, there is a pretty big plot twist I wasn’t expecting. I was reading thinking, yeah ok so her and slate alright........and then 161, 162.....what?????

Joelie Oh never mind just read that you flipped through haha

Kira Jeppesen The plot twist wasn't that good. It was just strange and it made the book even worse than what it was before it. And a little creepy I might say... Seriously you didn't miss a lot.

message 6: by Stacee (new) - added it

Stacee Kira wrote: "The plot twist wasn't that good. It was just strange and it made the book even worse than what it was before it. And a little creepy I might say... Seriously you didn't miss a lot."

I just reread my review and I only have a vague recollection of this story. I just have too many other things to read...if something doesn't grab me right away, I'm done.