JudiAnne's Reviews > The Forgotten Room

The Forgotten Room by Karen   White

bookshelves: romance, mystery, audible-audiobook

Karen White, Beatriz Williams, and Lauren Willig, three very popular authors,  wrote this novel. I was apprehensive because I thought the style would change from author to author but I was impressed that it flowed seamlessly.

This romantic novel covers three generations. In 1892 Olive is a housemaid for a very wealthy family and she is out for revenge for her father’s death but her attraction to a certain artist could be her downfall. In 1920 Lucy, Olive’s daughter, works for a law firm but she is there for one reason only. She is desperate to discover some well buried secrets about her family. In 1944, Lucy’s daughter, Kate, is a doctor healing soldiers returning from the war. She is dedicated and determined to shine in a man’s world but her attraction to a very handsome patient sometimes cause troubles with her career. These three women have a very interesting and puzzling connection concerning a ruby neckless and a mansion in Manhattan.

The Forgotten Room Is most definitely a romantic historical novel and it has a dash of mystery in it. I enjoyed it because it was a get-away novel for me. Although this book was slow and confusing in the first few chapters I stuck with it until I was able figure out who was who and then I enjoyed the story immensely. I do recommend this to anyone that loves star-crossed lovers and dramatic passion done well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Room.

Finished Reading
August 5, 2016 – Shelved
August 5, 2016 –
August 5, 2016 –
20.0% "So far very interesting!"
August 24, 2016 –
August 24, 2016 –
60.0% "Another captivating historical mystery and romance audiobook."
October 27, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
October 27, 2016 – Shelved as: mystery
November 3, 2016 – Shelved as: audible-audiobook

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Angela M (new)

Angela M Nice review , Judi . So interesting that it came off so well with three writers .

message 2: by Diane S ☔ (new) - added it

Diane S ☔ Good review, Judi.

JudiAnne Thank you, Angela and Diane!

message 4: by Kathleen (new) - added it

Kathleen Good review, Judi.

message 5: by JudiAnne (last edited Nov 04, 2016 09:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JudiAnne Thanks, Kathleen.