Louisa Mae's Reviews > Lost in the Echo

Lost in the Echo by Jack L. Pyke

Read 2 times. Last read August 14, 2020.

I was offered an ARC of the book in return for an honest review.

Now that is out of the way, I can start to tell you how much I loved this book! I will start by saying I am a fan of Jack L Pyke, so I leapt at the chance to read this before release, in fact, I still have in on pre-order ready for release day. Having read other books such as the Don’t series, my expectations were high for this. My hands rubbed together at the thought of something dark and delicious, and for me, it didn’t disappoint, even though it wasn’t quite as dark as I’d thought it would be. There were so many twists and turns in the book it felt like I never quite knew what was going to happen next, which I love.

There was a lot going on that I didn’t understand, and I wanted answers, but it became apparent that these would only be given when the time was right, so I immersed myself in the beautiful flowing writing style.

Every emotion felt real, like I was feeling with them with Will, he was so lost, his soul was crying out for someone to take care of him to take away the pain he was clearly still feeling. He was lost in his own world, in the echo of what had been, and what he'd lost. He really needing saving, even if he doesn't see it, maybe he needs saving from himself. My heart literally ached as Will coped with the grief and loss he'd endured in his life. He'd lost so much more that he was ever willing to admit.

The thing I love most about Jack's writing is the style and flow of it, I have no idea how she manages to literally grab my attention from the very first word and hold me a virtual prisoner until the end.

I won’t give any spoilers on this, other than there is a lot going on and you may feel that you will never get the answers, but just continue to read, and all will be revealed.

This was a book that I wanted to immerse myself in, to sit in a quiet room and just enjoy, just block out the world and devour. Jack has the uncanny ability to do this to me when I’m reading, and it’s something that I enjoy and actually look forward to.

The only complaint I have about Lost In The Echo? I wanted more!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost in the Echo.

Finished Reading (Other ebook Edition)
August 3, 2016 – Shelved (Other ebook Edition)
August 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read (Other ebook Edition)
August 5, 2016 – Shelved
August 5, 2016 –
page 88
"Doing and ARC for this and loving it so far."
August 14, 2020 – Started Reading
August 14, 2020 – Shelved (Other ebook Edition)
August 14, 2020 – Shelved as: m-m (Other ebook Edition)
August 14, 2020 – Shelved as: novella (Other ebook Edition)
August 14, 2020 – Shelved as: uk-based (Other ebook Edition)
August 14, 2020 – Finished Reading