Shravanthi's Reviews > The Hidden Oracle

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

liked it

Okay, so this wasn't a great book by Rick Riordan's standards.

I didn't have any expectations for this story from the beginning, because the god Apollo didn't excite me very much. I was right. Apollo's narcissism put me off completely. I would have enjoyed it for less than 40 pages before I grew tired of it. And to think that this goes on and on and on for the entire book! Seeshsh!!

To be honest, I didn't like the plot that much either. 'The world is under threat and Apollo and friends are the only ones who can save it', is really not such a great plot point, after we have seen Percy Jackson and Jason Grace do literally the same thing over and over again. There weren't many creatures from the Greek mythology, which was a huge disappointment. Apart from Meg, none of the characters stood out for me (Apollo was an overdose). The humor was really good in some portions but it didn't carry the story, it felt like a laughter track introduced as an afterthought.

Looks like the only, ONLY reason I'd be reading the next book is because LEO will be in it!!

A story can't be a great story if the protagonist puts me off and cameo characters (Percy and Leo) excite me more than the eponymous character (Apollo).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hidden Oracle.

August 5, 2016 – Shelved
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 24, 2017 – Started Reading
January 24, 2017 –
24.0% "It's alright so far...."
January 29, 2017 –
34.0% "When's the quest going to begin?"
February 23, 2017 –