Ana's Reviews > Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith

Grace (Eventually) by Anne Lamott

Mar 06, 2008

bookshelves: spirituality
Read in March, 2008

Hmmmm. . .I noticed a lot of really negative reviews about this book by folks who are Anne Lamott fans. I did enjoy it and, yes, as other reviewers noted it is more of the same of what we were given in Traveling Mercies & Plan B, but I don't know that I would expect anything different from her.

The reviews that were negative sounded to me as if folks expected Lamott to reveal some sort of progressive "improvement" in her approach to life--instead she is honest about her daily struggles to be the type of person she would like to be. I admire her for that and for not attempting to try to make herself look more spiritually grounded than she is. She is more willing than most folks to discuss those sides of life that most people put a lid on and never show to others. So, yes, she may complain about things at times, but hey-- she's open about her crap days (we all have them) as much as she expresses deep appreciation for those people and things that bring her joy. I can't ask for more than that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace (Eventually).

09/26/2016 marked as: read