Angela Goodrich's Reviews > Body Contact

Body Contact by Cathryn Fox

bookshelves: wicked-reads, contemporary-romance, erotica, review-copy, sports-romance

I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Body Contact is the second novella in a three-part series and although Danielle is still a virgin by the end of this installment, there is plenty of steamy scenes as Jack continues with her sex education lessons. Even though we’re only treated to two more of their fourteen evenings, Jack plans a field trip the first night that provides him the opportunity to conduct two lessons. First lesson of the night (and lesson four for Danielle) is an introduction to BDSM, with an emphasis on exhibitionism and voyeurism. I’m going to say straight out that I appreciated that the author chose not to make Jack a dom or expert in BDSM. Jack has a membership at a BDSM club because it’s his friend’s club, and while he might have bit a kink, he’s not in the scene and tells Danielle as much. But the purpose of their field trip was to give Danielle the chance to see some of the activities that take place in the club, judge what kind of things might interest her, and give her a demonstration of what I suspect is Jack’s kink – exhibitionism.

When Jack takes her home from the club, he continues with lesson five – Danielle receiving oral pleasure – and couples it with a practical application from lesson four – a little bit of bondage. While this was quite the squirm-inducing lesson, a metaphorical bucket of ice water brings the evening to an end much sooner than Danielle hoped when their activities cause Jack to aggravate his injury. Which is just as well, because otherwise Danielle would have moved them straight to lesson six – giving oral pleasure to him. But Jack’s insistence that they stick to his lesson plan gives Danielle the chance to do what she does best – research – and although we don’t see the actual research occur, we discover she’s read ahead at the same time Jack does – and the student schools the teacher, while providing him with a first of his own. Not only did we get more sexy, fun times in this installment, but I felt like we saw Danielle and Jack develop more as they spent time doing non-sexual things. Unfortunately, the fear of rejection means that neither is willing to speak up yet to say they think they might want more past the end of their arrangement. I expect book three, Full Exposure, will be full of between the sheets action, as well as romance and angst as they reach their end date, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Body Contact.

August 3, 2016 – Shelved