Nicole's Reviews > When a Lady Deceives

When a Lady Deceives by Tara Kingston

F 50x66

I received this book from net galley for an honest review. Thank you!!

This was an enjoyable read. I liked the main characters interactions. Matthew and Jennie, are both entangled in a web of deceit and lies, each having alterior motives. Matthew infiltrates Harwick's gang to bring him to justice for crimes he committed. Matthew is a puzzle, for you do not always know his true motives but he has a strong sense of justice. I liked his character. Jennie is working undercover for a story and meets Matthew at the Lancaster, where he save her from a brawl. She does not trust him right away. It is difficult for a woman to survive in a man's world during this time period. I liked how the author portrayed Jennie, as this stuff as nails woman, clever, but also extremely caring, for she wanted to find the murder of a woman who has evidence against the criminal organization. The story follows Matthew and Jennie as they each try to bring down the Harwick crime organization while falling for each other along the way. Jennie always attracted trouble but Matthew was there to save and protect her. He is entrigued by her and is determined to discover who she is and what she is after. Jennie knows Matthew is not all he appears to be, but she is suspicious of him due to his alleged "crimes". If you enjoy love, betrayal, trust, solving a mystery, this is a good read for you!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Lady Deceives.

Finished Reading