Laura's Reviews > Highland Deception

Highland Deception by Lori Ann Bailey

Aug 03, 2016

bookshelves: 5-star-review

I am finding it hard to believe this is a book by a debut author. It was as woven together and solidly written as some of my favorite Highland romance authors. It had everything that made it impossible to put down; treachery, betrayal, suspense, romance and love.
Maggie was a strong female character fleeing from her home in order to escape a disastrous marriage set up by her father (who did not have any redeeming qualities himself). She runs into Lachlan, who is the complete opposite of man she has ever met. He had so many strong character traits that were likely due to the loving home he was brought up in. His most endearing quality was a heart for those who couldn't fight for themselves and his one major flaw was some major trust issues (he had been burned in the past). Maggie hid her identity from Lachlan for more than halfway through the book and while that is something that typically annoys me it worked with their storyline. I typically like a little more heat in a Highland romance but it was still wonderful and I hope the follow up story is just as riveting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Deception.

Started Reading