Julie (*Happily Ever Chapter*)'s Reviews > Single Player

Single Player by Elia Winters

bookshelves: netgalley

Single Player is the third book in the Slices of Pi series, but as with the others, can be read as a standalone. The characters from the previous stories do make appearances so it's fun to see them again too.

Matthew is a video game programmer who doesn't take himself to seriously and enjoys letting lose and having fun. Silas is a biomedical engineer and an extreme workaholic. He has Asperger's Syndrome which causes him to not be able to understand social situations. He pushes himself past his limits to the point that he doesn't believe he should have free time or let loose because it gets in the way of his work progress. After working himself to hard and not resting enough he starts to burn himself out and his boss takes notice, putting him on a mandatory leave of absence. When Matthew offers to show him ways to unwind, Silas doesn't like the idea but as time goes on he starts to see how it is improving his life.

These two had amazing chemistry together. Silas was adorably awkward, even if he did get on my nerves with insulting Matthew repeatedly about his job, saying that it wasn't a real job. That drove me a little crazy to be honest, so I had to knock off a star. Matthew had a lot of patience with Silas' little quirks, and I thought he handled the job insult better than I would have. I was definitely happy when Silas came around at the end. I ended up enjoying this one even more than the second one the series! I still haven't read the first one but I added it to my never-ending TBR list so, one day... I hope! lol!

** I received an ARC of this title via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. **

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single Player.

August 3, 2016 – Shelved
August 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 19, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
September 14, 2016 – Started Reading
September 16, 2016 –
September 17, 2016 –
42.0% "okay, I really want to like Silas with all his dorky awkwardness, but his hangup about Matthews programming job not being a serious job is starting to get under my skin and making him seem like an ass... just saying!"
September 18, 2016 – Finished Reading