Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)'s Reviews > Isle of Winds

Isle of Winds by James Fahy

bookshelves: series

There are many things that are striking about this book - there are touches of Harry Potter, Narnia, Clash of the Titans (thank you SO much for the gorgon!), Supernatural and even Zelda - at least in my mind (if you want to know why for each one, just ask! I won't bore you with my blather). Skrikers reminded me oh so lovingly of the hell hounds from Supernatural that I had a stupid grin on my face from the first chapter. But to compare this book to anything would be doing it a disservice. It is unique and portrays the Netherworlde and Erkling in a vivid but not overwhelmingly detailed way, which let my imagination flow.

I fell in love with Robin (who most certainly is "not bad for a hornless wonder") and who wouldn't love Woad? What I especially loved was how the creatures were portrayed differently than where our standard knowledge would normally take us. While this book may have been written for middle grade readers, it does so in a way that adults can enjoy.

I certainly enjoyed reading a book, that for the first time in a long time, doesn't have that instalove, love triangle or any romance hinted though I'm sure that will change as Robin grows, but it will be organic and true to the story and will be welcome when the time is right. I'm hoping there will be seven books based on revelations towards the end - if you know, you know and if you don't, you SHOULD ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isle of Winds.

August 3, 2016 – Shelved
August 3, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 13, 2016 – Started Reading
August 13, 2016 – Shelved as: series
August 13, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 15, 2016 –
page 133
50.19% "Loving living in this fantasy world."
August 16, 2016 – Finished Reading