Raeleen Lemay's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by John Tiffany

liked it
bookshelves: own, adult-fiction

I enjoyed this, but it also felt very unnecessary. Barely anything was gained by the end of the story due to all the (view spoiler) but whatever. I would KILL to see the play because I cannot comprehend how all of that would work on a stage, and I'm glad I read this, but it's definitely borderline fanfiction in my mind. It was like watching A Very Potter Musical, but not quite as fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

August 3, 2016 – Started Reading
August 3, 2016 – Shelved
August 3, 2016 –
page 54
15.74% "wait is that really what this whole thing will be about?? ?"
August 3, 2016 – Shelved as: own
August 5, 2016 –
page 137
39.94% "Let's finish this sucker"
August 5, 2016 –
page 167
48.69% "Lololol the Voldemort Day thing is pretty hilarious"
August 5, 2016 – Finished Reading
June 23, 2017 – Shelved as: adult-fiction

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Shizuka totally agree, I hope you upload a video review in your channel :)

Lydia I wanted it to stand on its own as a story and it really didn't seeing as how heavily it relied on goblet of fire. With all the other books I had this "wow that was such a smart way to bring everything together in the end" impression but I def did not get that feeling with this one.

Sian Devine I was fortunate enough to see the play before I read the book and I am SO GRATEFUL. Whilst the plot isn't particularly strong I don't think the story translates so well through written form but the spectacle & atmosphere in the theatre is truly magical, with no other way to describe it. I wish everybody had access to go and see the play as it is meant to be seen.

Tyra I felt the same way as you and even rated it the same

Frida Ramos Same

Raeleen Lemay Sian wrote: "I was fortunate enough to see the play before I read the book and I am SO GRATEFUL. Whilst the plot isn't particularly strong I don't think the story translates so well through written form but the..."

I feel like that is the IDEAL way for anybody to experience the story. Reading it after seeing the play would be so much more enjoyable, I think.

Rachael Honestly I was fortunate enough to be reading gof before this so a lot of it was fresh in my mind and I think that's what made me appreciate it a little more I'd love to see the play

message 8: by Reem (new) - rated it 1 star

Reem Khalaf I'll do a reading marathon for the series after reading whatever this was because I need to feel all Harry potter'y again 3

message 9: by RAB (new) - added it

RAB Totally agree!

V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you I took it as an addition to the series that as you said it wasn't needed, but BOY! I enjoyed so much. The Malfoy family is amazing!

message 11: by Mlle Cecile Wou (new)

Mlle Cecile Wou Some people say it's bad ?

amogh(/'_')/ SHUT URR REVIEW DOWN

message 13: by Kaleb (new) - added it

Kaleb West I agree because i felt like that the book didn't need time traveling i dont think the book is as good as the play can be i wouldn't mind to go see the play and the book felt like it was more musical then a normal book and i didn't like the musical factor or it