Damon's Reviews > Faerie Tale

Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist

M 50x66

Recommended for: Anyone who likes fantasy fiction

Raymond E Feist has built an impressive catalog, and even been likened to a modern day Tolkein. While I don't dispute that, I can say that I find Feist's work eminently more accessible, and therefor more enjoyable than a trip to Middle Earth. Typically, he sets his stories in the Realm he first began to create with "Magician: Apprentice". Faerie Tale, however, is set in a modern day home, inhabited by modern day people, in a modern day United States. But what the characters experience is anything but modern. Using well researched information about the "Little Folk", Feist weaves a spellbinding, and at times frightening, tale about what happens when folk lore and legends turn out to be real, and how it may be helpful to pay attention to the eccentric person down the street who can recount the fairy tales of his childhood with clarity. Feist somehow makes it all seem so plausible, that when a Troll begins to menace some children under a bridge, it can make you shiver. I won't go into detail, since the story begs to be read, but I will say that it is a gem that should not be missed. I wish a studio would option it for production.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faerie Tale.

Finished Reading