James's Reviews > Blackberry Pie Murder

Blackberry Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

liked it
bookshelves: 2-fic-cozy-mystery, 1-fiction, 3-multi-book-series, 9-read-2018-08-august

I've been trying to catch up on the Hannah Swensen series this summer, so I picked up the 17th book in the series, Blackberry Pie Murder, written in 2013 by Joanne Fluke. All I can say is I just can't get enough of this silliness. The murders and mysteries are very light, but the characters are fantastic. I want to live in Lake Eden and be Hannah's new best friend solving crimes together. No, I don't want to be killed... just putting that out there!

In this one, Hannah accidentally hits someone with her car. She's then charged with vehicular manslaughter because of a few interesting traffic laws. Although it's completely not how it should happen, the laws are actually in place and could be used to convict someone. After 17 books, you have to cut the author some leeway to make the reason for the mystery be something stronger. For that reason alone, I give 5 stars to Fluke for coming up with this one.... but then it gets a bit dull with the actual investigation once we learn the guy was already beaten up and likely to die from a head injury. And he's really not connected to many people we know, so for those reasons, I dropped it down to a 3.

That said... I still want to read more and it's fun for 2-3 hours of light reading. Bring on more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackberry Pie Murder.

August 2, 2016 – Shelved
August 2, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
September 5, 2016 – Shelved as: 2-fic-cozy-mystery
March 11, 2017 – Shelved as: 1-fiction
August 28, 2018 – Started Reading
August 28, 2018 – Shelved as: 3-multi-book-series
August 28, 2018 – Shelved as: 9-read-2018-08-august
August 28, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo appears you may be on a Hannah Swensen reading binge.

James Jo wrote: "appears you may be on a Hannah Swensen reading binge."

just a tad!

message 3: by Chantel (new)

Chantel "I want to live in Lake Eden and be Hannah's new best friend solving crimes together. No, I don't want to be killed... just putting that out there!..."

Lol! I haven't read any books by this author yet, but that statement alone makes me want to check the series out!

James It’s a fun cozy series. Very light!