B. Hale's Reviews > Good Enough to Eat

Good Enough to Eat by Stacey Ballis

May 27, 2011

Read from June 02 to 03, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Let me start off by saying that I love the outfit the woman on the cover has on,the style is totally up my alley....Can't really say anything bad about it, I don't finish books I don't like.... I love how throughout the whole book, friendships were very pronounced,how close everyone was, without being smothered by each other in the book was remarkable...umm, oh reading this book has also driven home the point that gay men are just wonderful as friends, in every book that I've read and gay dude that I've met they have always been completely cool, just beyond it, and Melanie's friend Kai was portrayed the same way. I'm trying to cut down on the spoilers I always write in reviews, and I don't really have much to say anyway besides the fact that I loved the book...but let's see...the characters were memorable, another story where the main character is not a favorite, it's rare but it happens... Nadia was my favorite, weird is always perfect in my book and her name was cute. I liked that it was based in Chicago and that Melanie started doing her own thing and was able to land on her own two feet when she was going through her own troubles, oh yeah something that I thought was funny,the characters talked in paragraphs, those extra long times that they talked with one another was funny because the way I reading it, it's like they didn't get to take a breath, lol, it was just funny. Also, the mini snippets at the beginning of each paragraph into Melanie's past about food and family was interesting as well. I thought it was sweet that the author has the recipes in the back of the book, that was nice of her...it was nice getting the inside story on how a person such as Melanie struggled with her love of food but I really just loved her support system and the positive people around her...except Andrew, glad she dropped all ties with him, I can't believe he had the nerve to think they could be friends, talk about dumb dumbs...However, any book that leaves me walking away with positives attributes that I can incorporate into my life is a major plus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Enough to Eat.