Angela Dawn's Reviews > The Seat of Magic

The Seat of Magic by J. Kathleen Cheney

Aug 01, 2016

More intrigue and mystery is found in the 2nd book of J. Kathleen Cheney's Golden City series. The first book ended with Oriana (very pretty name) going back to her native island. Unfortunately that's not where she actually ends up. Duilio comes to her rescue but in doing so they unlock another mystery involving her family and she helps him in solving disappearances of non-human girls. I love the mysteries and secrets revealed in this story!

I highly recommend reading the first book of the series although you don't have to. The romance is once again rekindled between Oriana and Duilio. They work so well together when dealing with problems that it's not any wonder they fall in love.

There are a few twists and surprises later in the book. I don't want to ruin it for anyone but I was very happy to see Oriana reunited with someone from her past. Duilio and Oriana finally come to a decision on the status of their relationship.

An excellent 2nd book to the Golden City series. I'm rating The Seat of Magic a 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seat of Magic.

Finished Reading