Carrie's Reviews > The Mermaid and the Murders

The Mermaid and the Murders by Rachel Graves

bookshelves: netgalley

Danika DelMar is a mermaid but much to her mother's dismay all she wants to do is be on land and attend high school like a human would. When Danika meets the new boy at school she's immediately interested but even more so when she finds that he's also not human but a Salt Golem.

Things seem to be going well for Danika until one day when returning to the sea she finds a dead body. Afraid that the authorities will be too close to her home she moves it closer to shore to be found but when another turns up Danika needs to find out who is behind the killings or risk her secret.

The Mermaid and the Murders started off a bit rocky for me but by the end I loved the creativity with this one. The beginning though started towards fitting in with the popular, "mean" girl crowd which didn't seem too appealing but thankfully the story got going in another direction fairly quickly.

The story is very imaginative with all the different elements brought into play. Obviously from the title I knew this would involve mermaids but I didn't expect all of the different things along with them. Along with that we get the added element of suspense as the murders begin taking place which opened up a much bigger plot.

Overall, very creative and engaging fantasy read that I ended up really enjoying.

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mermaid and the Murders.

August 1, 2016 – Shelved
August 1, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 1, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
August 2, 2016 – Started Reading
August 4, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Chelsies Crazy4Books Cant wait to read your review

Carrie I know I'm being slower than usual with actually writing up my reviews but this one is done now. :)