AG's Reviews > The Six Principles of Enlightenment and Meaning of Life

The Six Principles of Enlightenment and Meaning of Life by Russell Anthony Gibbs

U 50x66

It is not my inclination to read books that promise to be inspirational. I made an exception for Mr. Gibbs’ book and was pleasantly surprised by what I discovered. The material he covers is complex and far-reaching. His discussion begins with science, both mainstream hard science and theoretical physics. Mr. Gibbs blends what scientists know and what they believe may be true about the universe, with the speculative ideas of great philosophers across cultures and epochs. Though one may disagree with Mr. Gibbs’ analysis, there is much to be learned from what he has to say.

This is a brief book, free of jargon and condescension. It left a lasting impression on me. Since finishing The Six Principles of Enlightenment and the Meaning of Life, I’ve read about how bacteria sense each other. Called quorum sensing, this ability to communicate and react as individuals in a group brought to mind Mr. Gibbs’ ideas about the interrelatedness of the universe.

If you like to think about life’s big questions, you’ll enjoy Mr. Gibbs’ discussion. And if you don’t care about those big ideas, then read the book for the science. String theory, time continuum, dark matter and many other notions are explained in simple terms. Even if you're not inspired by Mr. Gibbs’ discussion, you'll likely gain insight into the physical reality in which you move every day. I know I did.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Six Principles of Enlightenment and Meaning of Life.

Finished Reading