Melissa's Reviews > Cress

Cress by Marissa Meyer

Jul 31, 2016

bookshelves: 2016-reading-challenge

This is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles. Cinder and her friends meet Cress, a character a bit like Rapunzel, who is locked in a satellite in orbit around the Earth.

It started off quite slowly, especially some of the scenes in the desert, and for a while it felt as though I wasn't making any progress. However, once the action started, the story moved forward quickly and drew me in.

I'm looking forward to reading Winter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cress.

July 10, 2016 – Started Reading
July 31, 2016 – Shelved
July 31, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-reading-challenge
July 31, 2016 – Finished Reading

Nola I felt the desert scenes were a bit slow too, but it was good once they got back with Cinder. Love Cress as a character though and good to see the other side of Thorne. Winter is 800+ pages but lots of action. Marissa Meyer certainly knows how to throw in those obstacles :)

Melissa Nola wrote: "I felt the desert scenes were a bit slow too, but it was good once they got back with Cinder. Love Cress as a character though and good to see the other side of Thorne. Winter is 800+ pages but lot..."

There were so many twists & turns in this book, it was so much better when they were all together. I also loved Cress as a character and watching her come into herself, and the other side to Thorne.