★ Belle The Bibliophile ★'s Reviews > Untimely You

Untimely You by K.  Webster

26671983

Gosh. I'm not even mad tbh. I'm just disappointed. For a romance book, the author failed to convince me that the Hero is genuinely in love with the heroine. At least, not until the very end. In my eyes, the heroine deserved so much better--she deserved someone better, period.

Our Hero, Adrian has been living in a lie he created for years. In a way, he literally stopped living for 12 years. Consumed by guilt and regrets, he hasn't been able to let himself live the life he truly deserved. But as fate have it, our klutzy, crazy as hell heroine, Neesy entered his life.

"She's so vibrant and full of life. She makes my heart ache with need. With every smile or laugh, she sends currents of happiness coursing through me. I love being around her."

For the first time in 12 years, Adrian actually felt genuine happiness-- he felt alive. While he was hesitant at first, they almost immediately entered a sexual relationship. And Neesy, who had been crushing for Adrian for so long was willing to comply with his lusty wants.

Here's where it didn't work for me: The pacing of their relationship. For me there wasn't a time where they were able to actually talk and connect with each other. Like I said, they immediately fell into a sexual relationship. While it's good and there's no shame in that, I felt like Adrian was using her as a crutch more than anything.

He found comfort in her, so he used her without a shame. He might have developed feelings for her along the way, but I couldn't feel it. Until the very end, I wasn't 100 percent convinced he was in love with her. So that really sucks donkey's ass LOL. It sucked so bad that I had to skip ALL of their sex scenes because of the lack of authenticity. I couldn't force myself to read all of them because everything felt fake and forced. They also exchanged I-Love-Yous out of nowhere.... and I was??? Okay???

Neesy was selfless from start to finish. I sympathized a lot with her. It couldn't have been easy for her, falling in love with a guy who was still very much in love with his ex. But she stayed and was very patient even when Adrian took his anger out on her (which was sometimes over-the-top imo).

What I didn't understand was where did this selfless devotion for Adrian came from? I mean sure, she had a crush on the the old man for awhile--it was no secret. She made it very clear from the very beginning but I couldn't fathom why she would selflessly (stupidly?) wait for the him to come to his DAMN SENSES. It makes no sense whatsoever.

THIS BOOK COULD HAVE BEEN SO GREAT. I'm okay with unconventional love, most of the time but this one just didn't work for me. I'm sorry.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untimely You.

July 31, 2016 – Shelved
July 31, 2016 – Shelved as: shitty-af-or-annoying-hero
July 31, 2016 – Shelved as: forbidden-love
Started Reading
August 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Wow. Dead ex?!!??? Never read her books I AM actually afraid to read it.

★ Belle The Bibliophile ★ Brenda wrote: "Wow. Dead ex?!!??? Never read her books I AM actually afraid to read it."

I FORGOT TO PUT THAT IN THE SPOILER TAG. But yes. There's a dead ex. And like I said... the story isn't conventional.... so. Yeah. I'm not spoiling it for you XD