Shy's Reviews > Paper Castles

Paper Castles by Terri  Lee

bookshelves: 2016-books

A few chapters into the book, I feel like walking away from it. "Great, another cheating story," was what I thought. And cheating is not really my cup of tea. But as this is a book I was requested to review, I thought I should at least try to read half of it before telling the author this book is not for me.

But I was surprised. It's not what I judged it to be. Somewhere by the end of the chapter at 30 percent, Savannah had my respect and I was now set to see this book to its end. And things went even more unexpected after that. I am surprised by the turn of events. The issue of diversity and legalities was handled well by the author there was no way to not enjoy the story. The last time I enjoyed a 60s story like this one was when I read Danielle Stewart's Flowers in the Snow.

I like how the author pictured the black issues. And I loved Neenie's character so much. Each character was also developed well that you can feel where each of them was coming from. That said, I can't even fault Angela for feeling the way she did.

Technically speaking, I like the writer's style. Every event goes smoothly. I don't know if this is her first book but I can tell that the author did a magnificent job at it.

All in all, I have a great time reading this story. I was even a bit emotional at some point and the romance aspect was well blended too. I will be looking forward for more of this author's work in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Castles.

July 31, 2016 – Started Reading
July 31, 2016 – Shelved
August 4, 2016 –
81.0% "30% into the book and I wanted to stop. I was so sure I didn't like it. Now 80% through it and I can't stop reading it."
August 4, 2016 – Finished Reading