Ren's Reviews > Snow's Heat

Snow's Heat by Nicole Hicks

May 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: request, alpha-hero, animal-character, ass-kick-heroine, e-books, humor, steamy, reviewed, 3-stars

See my review at Bitten by Paranormal Romance

Snow’s Heat is the first title from Nicole Hicks. The story is about Sabrina, or Bree, a newly widow. She and her cheated husband just divorce some months ago, and Bree decided to move to some new place. At her new place, Bree start a new life, and burning her ex-husband things, with a way that make any normal guy cringed. Then she meet Travis Matalark, her new neighbor. He look good enough to eat, but he is at last 10 years younger than her. Little she know about her hot guy next door, that he is more than he appeared to be. Travis is snow leopard changeling, and his condition began after he attacked when he at military mission, that pay his friend’s life.

While they begin attract to each other, Bree must deal with her ex, Earl, who want to reunite with her. In the other side, Travis must face hunters who threatened his teritory. When Bree know who is Travis was, Travis must convince her, both man and, the animal inside him, want her.

I enjoy read this novella. It’s fun, sexy and sensual. Yet,I feel the story is too short, and just a few development for Bree and Travis’s relationship. It’s like “Bree must deal with her ex-husband” part is too long, and I think it will be good, if they focus at Travis and Bree instead. One thing that make me a little irritated is, Bree called Travis, who 10 years younger than her, as “kid”. I think she can call him “boy” or “young man”. It more suitable than “kid”. Another, when Bree know about Travis real identity, her reaction is not what I think, and too easy. Maybe because this is a novella, so Nicole Hicks try to wrap story with a quick way. Anyway, I still recommended Snow’s Heat if you love paranormal story with changeling (or shape-shifter), with a witty and strong heroine, and a sexy hero (yum, I want Travis!). I hope Nicole Hicks will continue their story at the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow's Heat.