Cik Aini's Reviews > The Bone Collector

May 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: read-2011, borrowed
Read in May, 2011

I borrowed this from Mynie. The plot: Lincoln Rhyme is the best in scouring evidence from the crime scene, and then he was involved in an accident, which caused him paralysed & feeling defeated, and trying to end his life. Suddenly, a tragic case came - a ruthless killer kidnapped people and scrap that person down to the bones, hence the bonce collector:

What I like,
1. Deaver writes with such brilliancy, surprassing my expectation with detailed overview on how to secure a crime scene. Even though there are jargons here & there, it didn't interrupt my reading.
2. The plot was weaved around beautifully, the bone collector, has a motive to kill. I didn't expect who's the ruthless killer till the end.

Plot line which can be improved:
1. How Amelia was treated by the bone collector. The scene was too spontaneous/too short. I was expecting much elaboration, but then maybe the book would thickened if the Amanda's story got infused into it.
2. Why in the first place the bone collector wanted to collect bones? Killing, maybe to get even, but his obsession with bones?

I had a good start with this book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bone Collector.