Lisa (lifeinlit)'s Reviews > We Are Still Tornadoes

We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun

bookshelves: 2016, e-arc, netgalley

Adorable?! YUP!! This story was allllll kinds of adorable. From the hilarious personalities of these two besties, to the 80’s references (which I TOTALLY loved, seeing as I grew up during that time period), down to the way Cath and Seth had the kind of friendship we can only hope for. They weren’t always perfect, didn’t always say the right thing or do the best thing for each situation, but man, they were there for each other when times got tough. (And tough they did get!) I loved the fact that these two, which I loved immediately, had each other to get through life’s troubles. Having someone in your life like that to always have your back is priceless.

What an interesting format!! This entire story was told through letters. From beginning to end, nothing but letters. I was a bit hesitant at first, and honestly was hoping the letters were only in the beginning… but after a while I really started to love it!! I got to know these characters SO MUCH through their writing to each other. It was seriously done perfectly! I adored both Cath and Scott, and loved experiencing their individual personalities shine through each chapter/letter. I wouldn’t have wanted this written any other way.

Basically, to put it simply, I adored this book! I kind of wish the ending wasn’t quite as abrupt, and that everything didn’t wrap up quite so perfectly, but otherwise I really loved it to pieces. What a fun, unique and adorable story about friendship, love, and learning to be the person you want to be.

(Thanks to St. Martins Griffin for the review copy!)

Find this review and others like it at Lost in Literature!

lostinlit

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Are Still Tornadoes.

July 29, 2016 – Shelved