Alan Williams's Reviews > Dead Man's Grip

Dead Man's Grip by Peter James

bookshelves: crime

** spoiler alert ** Peter James's last book concerned a serial killer working from 1997 to the present, this book is very much in the present.

A fatal road traffic accident leads to a series of mafia hits, and Roy Grace has to solve the crime(s) and save the day once again.

One of the things I love the most about the Roy Grace series is the settings. I know the area a little and the descriptions of locations always feel so real to me, this outing is no exception.

Featuring a potential return of Sandy, Roy Grace's long missing wife, and also a cameo appearance from Yac (and those Christian Louboutin's), this tale is a breakneck read from start to finish.

I particuarly like the character of Tooth, even though he was a bad guy, and was actually glad that he survived (perhaps to return in the future)?

The only thing that I found a little unbelievable was some of the police procedural, would an officer really travel on blues and twos to a dead body? If they do they shoudln't - the dead are dead, no sense in adding more dead, but perhaps this is true I don't know. It didn't seem factually or morally right - who knows.

A recommended read, if you like a good crime novel, and especailly if you have read any of the previous Roy Grace stories!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Man's Grip.

May 26, 2011 – Started Reading
May 26, 2011 – Shelved
May 26, 2011 –
0.0% "9% #DMG"
May 26, 2011 –
0.0% "25% complete"
May 27, 2011 –
0.0% "31% and can see me finishing this over the bank holiday weekend! #DMG" (Paperback Edition)
May 27, 2011 –
0.0% "43% read according to kindle #DMG"
May 28, 2011 – Finished Reading
September 22, 2011 – Shelved as: crime

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Alan Williams View the book launch stunt here: .@peterjamesuk pulled from water in stunt to promote laest book http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/905181...