Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession's Reviews > A Fool's Gold Christmas

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan Mallery

3 Cowardly Jerk Stars

photo 9922123_zps0jpa9s43.gif

OMFG! I took a little break from this series because all the books were setting me off and giving me cases of the rants. I hate cowards in books and this series is rampant with cowardly men. What makes this worse is I almost always love book up til the end when the hero does his chicken dance and then it just ruins it for me. It's like being out at a restaurant eating a beautiful meal and you're really enjoying it. Then when your 3/4 done the chef comes out and farts in your face. It's just ruined!

photo 354392_o_zpscyzdnara.gif

Lovely picture I painted there I know but I'm just so frustrated. This book, A Fool's Gold Christmas was so good. I was going along really enjoying it. I was loving Evie, really charmed by Dante. Enjoying their relationship and all the towns cute Christmas stuff than bam. Like always it happens. Dante got scared at like the 87% mark and goes to Evie lies and tells her " Hey know how we said "us" were just having fun well my ex girlfriend called me and for Christmas I am going to meet up with her." Yup he tells her it's over and he is going off with his ex for a sex filled Christmas. Totally ripping her heart out. Of course a few pages from the end we find out that he left town but lied about the ex but still he was gone for days that Evie thought he left her to go fuck some ex. She heartbroken and crying her eyes out. But it's cool he shows up 5 pages from the end says sorry and that he was scared and all is forgiven. HEA yay!

photo 744c8fc731fe937bf0073aa3b3652823_zpshr8qp7o0.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fool's Gold Christmas.

July 28, 2016 – Started Reading
July 28, 2016 – Shelved
August 2, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
August 2, 2016 – Shelved as: wtf-was-that-total-disappointment
August 2, 2016 – Finished Reading
August 10, 2016 – Shelved as: ocd-made-me-do-it
May 25, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Sweetie! :)
xoxo

message 2: by Deanna (new)

Deanna great review, Jessica!

message 3: by Alp (new)

Alp Great honest review, hon. xx

message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev Ugh, he sounds like a total wuss! Great honest review Jessica

message 5: by (new)

❋ Great review! Cowardly men in books are the worst :(

message 6: by Orient (new)

Orient Stunning review, dear ;))))))))

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Jessica! ;)

message 8: by Leigh (new)

Leigh OMG Jessica!!!!! I can't believe you can't let go of this series lol. I wrote this author off after you first couple of reviews.

message 9: by Erika (new)

Erika What. The. Heck?? My God Jessica, what a giant d**k that hero is. I do not know how you are doing this series. lol. Fantastic review though.

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Well, well, well, it's too easy for him! Great review Jessica xx

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Patty ❤️❤️ Belongs To ❤️Kellan❤️Jesse❤️Lautner❤️Miller❤️Garrett❤️Dean❤️Rafe❤️Liam❤️Beck❤️ and Archer❤️❤️ wrote: "Enjoy Sweetie! :)
xoxo"

Thanks Patty :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Deanna wrote: "great review, Jessica!"

Thanks Deanna :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Alp wrote: "Great honest review, hon. xx"

Thanks Alp :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Bev wrote: "Ugh, he sounds like a total wuss! Great honest review Jessica"

Thanks Bev I was thinking he was a jerk too lol :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession ❋ lilac dawn ❋ wrote: "Great review! Cowardly men in books are the worst :("

Thanks lilac Yes they are!!!

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Orient wrote: "Stunning review, dear ;))))))))"

Thanks Orient :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Arianna wrote: "Great review, Jessica! ;)"

Thanks Arianna :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Leigh wrote: "OMG Jessica!!!!! I can't believe you can't let go of this series lol. I wrote this author off after you first couple of reviews."

God I wish I could DNF this series. OCD is a bitch sometimes(or most of the time), plus I already bought all the books. I paid over 20.00 for them so I don't want to waste the money. I don't think am going to write anymore reviews on this series unless I find one I love. I am starting to repeat myself. Maybe I can write see previous reviews on this series lol! :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Erika wrote: "What. The. Heck?? My God Jessica, what a giant d**k that hero is. I do not know how you are doing this series. lol. Fantastic review though."

IT's so hard lol. It's all OCD power that is the only reason I am still going.

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Sophie wrote: "Well, well, well, it's too easy for him! Great review Jessica xx"

IKR a little more begging and groveling may have helped save the hero for me.

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ Great review, hon!

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Great review Jessica! :)
I think I'll avoid this series!!

message 23: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Great review! Lol. I think I'll be skipping this series.

message 24: by Kiri Fiona (new)

Kiri Fiona Hero chicken dance - ha! Great review Jessica :) Best I be avoiding this one for a while.

message 25: by Judith (new)

Judith Fab review,honey,x

message 26: by Paula (new)

Paula Great review, Jessica! :)

message 27: by Lakshmi (new)

Lakshmi C Fab review, Jess :)
I don't like stories where sorry is all it takes to make things right....

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ wrote: "Great review, hon!"

Thanks Lana :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Sandra wrote: "Great review Jessica! :)
I think I'll avoid this series!!"

Thanks Sandra lol I wish I had :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Theresa wrote: "Great review! Lol. I think I'll be skipping this series."

Thanks Theresa :)))

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Kiri Fiona wrote: "Hero chicken dance - ha! Great review Jessica :) Best I be avoiding this one for a while."

Thanks Kiri. I really wish someone would have put that all the heroes did the chicken dance in their review then I would have never bought this series it would have saved me time money and pain lol. Glad my rants could save others lol

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Judith wrote: "Fab review,honey,x"

Thanks Judith :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Paula wrote: "Great review, Jessica! :)"

Thanks Paula :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Lakshmi wrote: "Fab review, Jess :)
I don't like stories where sorry is all it takes to make things right...."

Thanks Lakshmi :) me neither

message 35: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Amazing review, hon :D

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Fab review Jessica:))

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Sabrina wrote: "Amazing review, hon :D"

Thanks Sabrina :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Michelle wrote: "Fab review Jessica:))"

Thanks Michelle :)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ A super review Jessica! xo

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Ana {The Good Gif Fairy} wrote: "Great review Jess ☺"

Thanks Ana :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "A super review Jessica! xo"

Thanks Sue :)

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole great review

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Nicole wrote: "great review"

Thanks Nicole :)

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥ Lovely review, Jessica!

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble) wrote: "Lovely review, Jessica!"

Thanks Jen :)

message 46: by NMmomof4 (new)

NMmomof4 "hate cowards in books and this series is rampant with cowardly men" -- I'm definitely with you there! Great review :)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession NMmomof4 wrote: ""hate cowards in books and this series is rampant with cowardly men" -- I'm definitely with you there! Great review :)"

Thanks NMmomof4 :)