Stacee's Reviews > A Million Junes

A Million Junes by Emily Henry

bookshelves: edelweiss, theyre-tattoos-not-ink-or-tats, read-in-2017

I am a sucker for anything that compares itself to R+J, but couple that with Emily Henry's name and I didn't need to know anything else.

I love love loved June and Saul. They're both grieving and trying to work through it and I loved every scene with them together. They have an immediate and hilarious banter. I could have easily read a million more pages of the two of them. The entire cast of characters is delightful. {I would like more Hannah please!} It did get a bit confusing with all of the past family members, but eventually I just gave up trying to keep them straight.

There's not much I can say about the plot without spoilers. Plus I'm not sure I could even explain it. It unfolds in the way it needs to and it's a glorious and deliciously slow burn. I would have liked just a bit more from the ending, but it was perfect how it was and I'm just really really greedy.

**Huge thanks to Razorbill Books and Edelweiss for providing the arc free of charge**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Junes.

July 28, 2016 – Shelved
July 28, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 26, 2017 – Shelved as: edelweiss
April 23, 2017 – Started Reading
April 23, 2017 –
page 23
5.75% ""Oh please. I scared myself. I'm sorry I bit your collarbone. If it helps, it's super unlikely I have rabies.""
April 23, 2017 –
page 75
18.75% "I am loving this and at the same time not remotely in the mood for it."
page 98
24.5% "Okay. I need the entire book to be filled with this banter-y goodness."
page 129
April 25, 2017 –
54.0% ""Hey, Mom, did you know Mike has tattoos but he's not trying to hard?" <---- cackles"
April 25, 2017 –
68.0% "This does not please me."
page 289
72.25% ""I touch the camera inked into his arm..." <---- no"
April 26, 2017 – Shelved as: theyre-tattoos-not-ink-or-tats
page 329
82.25% "NO. NO. NO."
page 364
91.0% ""Moments are like cherries. They're meant to be relished, shared -- not hoarded.""
April 26, 2017 – Shelved as: read-in-2017