Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Normal

Normal by Danielle Pearl

bookshelves: abuse, grief, new-adult

First of all, this author is extremely talented. My goodness!! I was immediately absorbed in this story and COULD NOT put it down for the life of me. The writing, the pacing, the character development, the plot, the meat, all of it was just sooooooo amazing!!

This was a very hard read for me because... trigger! But I was still able to enjoy it while cringing (a lot). I was instantly sympathetic with Rory and eagerly awaited her champion. And her saviour came in such a delightful package. Sam looked like what she knew (arrogant, gorgeous, intelligent), but he was so much more. This boy was such a man! I loved loved loved Sam. He had so much in common with Cam (which was bittersweet for sure) and I wonder if the author rhymed their names intentionally.

I docked a star simply because Rory, at times, too many times, lacked logic. There were instances where I wondered if she had no access to electronics, but then remembered that she had a cell and there was mention of her deleting all of her social media accounts, so that would mean that yes, she did have access to electronics. So how, in this day and age, did she allow herself to make the kinds of choices she did??? Especially whenever she turned on Sam. OMG I just wanted to throttle her ass!

So anyhoo... great story and I can't wait to see what is planned for Robin's comeuppance.

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Normal.

Started Reading
July 27, 2016 – Shelved
July 27, 2016 – Shelved as: abuse
July 27, 2016 – Shelved as: grief
July 27, 2016 – Shelved as: new-adult
July 27, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Ashleyjo (new)

Ashleyjo Does the trigger involve a child being harmed or cheating ? I can deal with just about anything, but those things.

Natalie The Biblioholic No, not at all. It's about consent. No children or cheating involved. I don't think I could read something like that either.

Natalie The Biblioholic ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ Candy ♪ Loves♪ Music ┼ Books ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ wrote: "Wow you on a roll stunning review xx"

message 4: by Candace (new)

Candace Fantastic review, Natalie! :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Candace wrote: "Fantastic review, Natalie! :)"

Thanks sweetie xoxo