Leah's Reviews > The Duke of Bannerman Prep

The Duke of Bannerman Prep by Katie A. Nelson

It's been a while since I read The Great Gatsby and I haven't seen any of the more current movies of it to help refresh my gmemory of the plot and characters so I read The Duke of Bannerman Prep just hoping for a good entertaining story, something that would keep my interest. I got that and more. As I read, I wanted to know what was going to happen with the characters and their relationships with one another and then how their issues would all get resolved. I like that I'm still wondering how characters are doing and what's going on with them because it feels like each one of them has a life to continue living rather then just being there to play their role in the story and then vanish from existence when the novel ends. I like the lessons learned and the teachers who taught them. As choices were presented to the characters I found myself often wondering if I would have done the same thing in their shoes. This is a quick read with humorous and snappy dialogue and just the right amount of descriptive detail to help paint a picture in your mind of what is happening so you are able to focus on the characters and theme. This is a well-written young adult story with life lessons that easily go beyond that age.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke of Bannerman Prep.

Finished Reading