Jody's Reviews > Feuding Hearts

Feuding Hearts by Shari Richardson

May 25, 2011

bookshelves: ebooks, historical-romance

I loved Feuding Hearts. This is a historical romance set in the medievel times when knights, lords and ladies lived and loved. The story immediately drew me in by beginning at the end of a tough battle between two fueding lords. Lord Aldere Wyke learns that Lord Devyn Phoenix has a younger unmarried sister. He decided to marry her and bind the fueding families instead of killing the last Lord Phoenix. Cecilia is innocence maid of 14, while this bugged me out a little I am sure it was more historically accurate than some stories. Lord Aldere treats her with kindness and helps her to learn to love with a gentle hand. Cecilia and Aldere are drawn to each other dispite the distrust and lies between their families. Everyone can see the love growing between them. As they move to the Wyke Manor, Cecilia is greeted by Aldere's pregnant mistress. Keicha is a vile witch who would love nothing more than to tear apart the new couple and be lady of the manor. There is also another evil Lord Fitzroy who swears to get Cecilia back from Aldere no matter what. He is selfish drunken brute who rapes his staff and wants to own Cecilia for a slave more than a wife. Fitzroy plots to attack the Wykes to get Cecilia and finds an ally in Keicha. I loved the interplay between the characters including Cecilia and Keicha. Cecilia has great heart and determination. She does what she must to save the manor once attack. The end of this book made me cry as I a sucker for a happy ending. I loved to escape in this story and enjoyed the characters. I would definitely recommend this to others who enjoy historical romance and happy ever afters.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feuding Hearts.