Simona Nielsen's Reviews > Sunset at Lake Crane

Sunset at Lake Crane by Casey Hagen

bookshelves: romance

4 STARS (narrator Russell Lord - 2 STARS)

This is a love story with an interesting twist. We have heard of the teacher/student many times and also know that it is a forbidden kind of love or crush. However, for some people love really happens and Sunset at Lake Crane really does it justice.

The story is well-written and the characters are well-developed. The main characters Erynn and Grant shows a lot of emotion and holds a lot of pain. Each one of them holds many secrets as the story develops.

When Erynn and Grant meet again 8 years later, they find out that they still have feelings for each other. They are now older and wiser and their relationship have to stand trial. This is a story about scarred hearts, pain, forgiveness, betrayel and a lot more.

The one thing I'll have to complain about is the choice of narrator. This is the second romance I've listened to narrated by Russell Lord and many times I was about to give up on the story because of the narration. Allthough, I loved this compelling story and hung on to it, it was hard to finish. Russell Lord doesn't have a romance voice and is not suited for this genre. However, I'd love to hear him in almost anything else.

This book was gifted to me in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunset at Lake Crane.

July 26, 2016 – Shelved