Karen Mc 's Reviews > Dirty Work

Dirty Work by Chelle Bliss

Being a Virginia gal born and raised in the DC suburbs, I could not help but live and breathe politics—whether I wanted to or not. I could not ignore the parties of red and blue even if I wanted to. Being near the nation’s capital, politics was served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was everywhere! While I don’t follow politics much and would not be called a fan, the political romance I gobbled up from Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert made me want to parade into the political pool with pom-poms as Dirty Work is that POWERFUL and PERFECT!!!

I dug into Dirty Work with a deep hunger, a story where I expected to flame with desire. What I did not prepare for was the assault on my heart where it was pounded into pieces. Dirty Work is deliciously dirty, fabulously flirty, fierce, and full of feels. Pulse pounding. Body blazing. Feelings flaring. I was utterly consumed and captivated from beginning to end.

Reagan Preston is calm, cool, collected, and beautiful. She is the daughter of Senator Preston, set to retire, and she is set on moving up the political ladder from Representative to Senator. Reagan’s opponent, a political virgin, is the panty-melting, power-wielding, former Marine veteran, Jude Titan who is fierce and fiery. Titan is correct as this man is big in all the right places.

Both are armed in battle to become the next Senator of Illinois.

I love how Reagan’s lady balls are willing and ready to do some busting.

"I’m eager for him to see that I can bust balls with the best of them. Jude Titan can bring it on. I’m ready.”

Jude, a former military man, is making me swoon everywhere. He is a proud veteran and representative of everything not political and I love that part best.

"Reagan Preston’s about to find out Marines always fight to win, no matter the cost.”

When the gorgeous gal and guy meet, it’s a firestorm as lethal as the hardest-fought political debate.

Jude dishes the dirty in Dirty Work.

"God, the way her calves look when she sits with her legs crossed. I can almost fel them squeeze my head like a vise when I’m licking her.”

Holy mother of hotness!

Reagan is distracted by everything Titan.

"My libido was in overdrive as I spoke to him, torn between staring at his inked, muscled forearms and his intense, dark brown eyes. He’s got swagger in spades, and it’s really sexy.”

Red versus blue. Fire versus ice. Titan vs. Preston. Only one candidate will win and both are prepared to fight this battle until the end.

"I need to remind myself that we’re not friends. We’ll never be friends. She’s the enemy. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer? The Godfather may be right.”

Closer is what chemistry has planned for this captivating couple where the pull, like politics, is too fire-hot and strong to resist.

"We’re not friends. We’re nothing.”

"But the way you kissed me back, we’re something, whether you’ll admit it to yourself or not.”

The race is heating up where the heart is on fire along with the poll numbers. Lines are blurred. Feelings are flowing in a cloud of confusion. Politics versus love. Only one race will generate a winner.

Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert made me fall in love with politics—especially as an Independent—even if fictional. Dirty Work is THE WINNER in the race for romance! If only politics could be as poignant and powerful as in Dirty Work. Politics that please the people. A Washington where blue and red bleed into purple with both main parties and players working in harmony rather than tearing each other apart. I LOVED these authors’ version of politics that united rather than divided and what America should be in spades.

Power play. Sex. Scandal. Lies. Corruption. Villains. Heroes. Passion and power permeated through the pages, banter blazed fire, and love threatened everything. Dirty Work felt like a guilty pleasure; it became my dirty little secret. I left this achingly-addictive and alluring story that stole my heart WANTING MORE. NEEDING more. Hoping for more Dirty Work as I don’t think this romantic race is over.

5 red and blue beautiful and brilliant stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Work.

July 26, 2016 – Started Reading