Shera (Book Whispers)'s Reviews > City of Wolves

City of Wolves by Willow Palecek

**Review copy provided through Netgalley for an honest review.**

Hmmm. An interesting short and I believe a fun introduction to what could be a fantastic new series. I did feel that some of the mythology was sketchy. It didn't fully develop the world in a timely fashion. Like letting readers know how much of the paranormal is known and so on. Not to mention what kinds of paranormal is out there.

The short didn't fully sell me on the lead or what I would assume is the cast of characters that would occupy the series. (If it was indeed made into a series.) That's the problem with shorts. Most of the time it's just not enough to establish a story properly. They tend to be good for snippets for series that are already being devoured and the mytho established.

However, I loved the writing style and with this I would be very interested if it turned out to be a series. The world, once established, was fun and I think plenty of room for potential. Not to mention that I'm interested enough about the lead to go forth and see a more developed version of him. I had a fun time and it was perfect for a quick read.

Content Warning: Some sexual humor and violent deaths. Nothing truly shocking or surprising.

3/5- Adored it, just a few minor details held it back.

Originally reviewed at Book Whispers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Wolves.

July 25, 2016 – Shelved
July 30, 2016 – Started Reading
July 30, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "
I was on my way home after a night ill spent at the Stool and Rooster, a filthy little dive with lousy clientele and lousier drinks.
Don't ask me why but this first sentence just tickles me!"
August 1, 2016 –
page 100
100% "That was fun! It really could be a great intro to what could be a really fun series."
August 1, 2016 – Finished Reading