Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Boss

Boss by Tara Oakes

bookshelves: contemporary, ku, mafia

As I suspected, the writing in this book was much improved. It was more fluid, allowing for an easier and therefore more enjoyable read.

So...

V was still annoying lol

surprise

But...

The story was told predominantly from Dom's POV so for that I was extremely grateful. At last, I could finally see the connection between this couple and it was both sweet and real.

The only real downfall were the sex scenes. Nothing pissed me off more than those damn sex scenes. They weren't sexy. They were actually awkward and made me uncomfortable.

awkward

Like the author refused to use words for genitalia and what each person was doing to whom with what. Because of this, the intimate scenes didn't feel quite so intimate to me.

Anyhoo... there were secrets, betrayals, revelations, drama, action, and a hint at a second chance love between two side characters.

I'm interested in what Dom has planned next.

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boss.

Started Reading
July 24, 2016 – Shelved
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: ku
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: mafia
July 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Natalie The Biblioholic ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ Candy ♪ Loves♪ Music ┼ Books ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ wrote: "LOL you on a roll Stunning review..... (¯`v´¯)♥"

Heh heh ;) Thanks hun xoxo

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Great video review, Natalie! Writing good sex scenes requires much skill, this author sounds like although she missed the mark (so to speak) she made up for it in other ways to get a 4* rating:)

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Jul 26, 2016 12:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Natalie The Biblioholic Michelle wrote: "Great video review, Natalie! Writing good sex scenes requires much skill, this author sounds like although she missed the mark (so to speak) she made up for it in other ways to get a 4* rating:)"

Thanks Michelle! Yes, everything else in the story was pretty much great so the lackluster scenes didn't kill the book.