Jennifer Collin's Reviews > Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology

Love in an Elevator by Aven Ellis

19541583

To be honest, I approached this anthology with trepidation. Why, you might ask? Well, simply because it’s an anthology and I’ve never considered myself a fan of short stories. Perhaps we can blame high school English classes for that. In any case, after reading this collection, I am now a complete convert. Anthologies are marvellous things and I plan to read many, many more of them.

Again, you may be wondering why…? And the answer is simple again - anthologies mean you can sample a range of authors before you commit yourself to their full length novels. When I saw this anthology advertised, I recognised some familiar and trusted names and some names I’d been meaning to try. There was also a couple of names that were new to me.

Boldly, I took the plunge, starting with the safe bets and working my way through the stories by authors I was curious about. And in keeping with the honest approach I started with, I have to admit I enjoyed them all. Some stories more than others of course – some resonated with me more - for example, Maisy Potter’s wistful observation about how green the grass is in England in Geralyn Corcillo’s UPSTAIRS, DOWNSTAIRS … AND THE LIFT IN BETWEEN took me back to my last trip to the UK.

But all of the stories in this anthology are fun, easy and highly entertaining reads, perfect for when you have a night in and need a little hit of frivolity and a happily ever after. I’m giving this collection five stars for the cute theme, the way the stories complement each other and the quality of the authors it includes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in an Elevator.

Finished Reading