Emily Goodman's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

Jul 23, 2016

AJ Pine’s Six Month Rule was one of those books that just made my heart sing as I flipped each page falling more and more in love with Holly and her man Billy- Will. With every book I read of Pine’s I’m wowed further and further into her craft by absorbing her story’s words deeply into my imagination and having them come to life in my mind. With Six Month Rule I was smitten by Holly and Will’s romance. Two people hell bent on their life’s goals whose attraction, connection and eventually love couldn’t separate no matter the many miles, obstacles and time between them. Pine really outdid herself creating two characters so undeniably right for each other in this Happily Ever After story.

Now I will admit, normally I am so not a fan of different accents in books. I find it hard to connect and follow along with jargon and slang that isn’t from here. I know. It’s terrible, I miss out on a ton of amazing books for that very reason. But, I took a chance on Pine and boy did she do it so right. I could instantly picture Will in my head ( He might have been Klaus Mikaelson from The Originals- but hey.. Joseph Morgan is super HOT). Her dialect was spot on for Will. He was easy to read, understand and follow along with. His utterly politeness, polished banter is what made me completely swoon for him much like Holly did. Their banter and exchange is what I loved most about Pine’s story. She captured them well and stayed true to the origins and story line of this series.

Pine is one of those authors that just has it. With each book she writes, I fangirl a little harder in my reading nook. She is an author that must be read and her stories must be fallen in love with. I highly urge you to pick up the Kingston Ale House Series. Fall in love with Brynn and Jamie first, then keep riding the love train to Holly and Will. I can’t wait to see what is next in this series and how Pine will capture my imagination and heart again.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

July 23, 2016 – Shelved