Lisa Mandina's Reviews > Violet Grenade

Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott

bookshelves: 2017-reading-list

Violet Grenade is definitely a psychological tale. There is the constant wonder in your head as you read it about just what caused Domino to have this very violent person living inside of her. The one that she doesn't want to let out no matter what, because his answer to all things is violence, not caring who gets hurt, or rather enjoying when others get hurt. Domino's life has been a hard one, and it is with that past that she is able to do her best to find her way through the new world she finds in Madam Karina's Home for girls, or entertainers as she calls them. These girls are all pretty much in cliques already, and you have to wonder just how long some of them have been there, and if they'll ever get the chance to move along the ranks to become a Violet like the top girl.

I liked the friend Poppet that Domino made at the house, and how realistic their friendship seemed to be. I loved the crazy lady who was part of this new world when she brought things in for the girls in the house to shop for. This isn't my favorite book by Scott, but it was definitely a story that can stand up among similar Teen types of stories. However, I'd have liked a little more look into who/why the voice/person inside of Domino's head was who he was. Also, possibly a little more back story to the Sheriff and some of the other characters in the town. As well as what exactly happened to one of the groups of girls in the story, that I won't name here as to not spoil the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violet Grenade.

July 23, 2016 – Shelved
July 23, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 9, 2016 – Shelved as: 2017-reading-list
May 10, 2017 – Started Reading
May 10, 2017 –
May 11, 2017 –
May 11, 2017 –
May 12, 2017 –
76.0% "Really good. But I've been sitting and reading for over an hour in a very quiet room and I'm starting to get sleepy."
May 12, 2017 –