Mmtimes4's Reviews > The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party by Alexander McCall Smith

May 24, 2011

Read in May, 2011

The twelfth installment in the beloved, best-selling series is once again a beautiful blend of wit and wisdom, and a pro­foundly touching tale of the human heart.

Precious Ramotswe is haunted by a dream in which she is driving her dear old white van. Grace Makutsi dreams that her 97 percent on the Botswana Secre­tarial College exam was a mistake. When Mma Ra­motswe discovers that her van is actually still in use (and, of course, sets out to retrieve it), Mma Makutsi wonders whether her dream will turn out to be pro­phetic as well.
They can only wait and see, but, in the meantime, one of Phuti Radiphuti’s apprentices has gotten a girl pregnant and, under pressure to marry her, has run away. Naturally, it is up to Precious and Grace to help the couple work things out. In other developments, Mma Ramotswe investigates a case of rural jealousy in which cattle are being poisoned. Add to the mix Violet Sephotho’s newly begun, already unstoppable run for the Botswana Parliament and the possibility that wedding bells may finally ring for Phuti Ra­diphuti and Grace Makutsi—whose love for each other is as great as their love for Botswana—and we have a charming and delightful tale in the inimitable style of Alexander McCall Smith.

I love this series. It is an easy read and so thought provoking. Mma Ramotswe has such insight into people and her words to live by are very motivating. It makes me laugh and challegnes me a bit to solve the mystery! :)

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party.