Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros's Reviews > When a Lady Deceives

When a Lady Deceives by Tara Kingston

review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

First book in a promising new series!

review 1

Cover - Really beautiful! Catching colors with a sensual couple very fitting for a Victorian book.
Plot- This was a good plot. Full of mystery and suspense, this book kept me guessing and wanting more until the end. The author written style was very cohesive without any weak points.
Characters- Colton is a mouth-watering hero. A bit dark and dangerous, he was really protective and bossy. On the other hand, Jennie was the perfect match for him, because she didn't let him get past with much. A bit reckless in her quest for vengeance she is a good heroine for such suspenseful novel.
Heat/Romance- I like how the romantic aspect of the story was portrayed by the author. Jennie is different for a woman of that time and Colton totally understood her, even though he was the protective type, he accepted her quest. Their chemistry was also great.
 Freshness- There is a feeling of new in this historical romance. The female character has been portray very different than most women of that time are usually represented. I like this unusual aspect.
Addictiveness- This was an easy book to read and it was had to let go.

Review 2

Plot - I had some trouble with the pace. It was a bit slow and then really fast. I also found a bit repetitive.

You MAY buy this book because you enjoy a good romance, you SHOULD buy this book because you like historical reads, you MUST read this book if you are ready for a fantastic new series to follow!!!

arc-publisher arc-netgalley2

This review was originally posted on More Books Than Livros
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When a Lady Deceives.

July 22, 2016 – Shelved