Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros's Reviews > Highland Deception

Lori Ann Bailey

highland-deception

review by

cropped-Imbtl.jpg

Big alpha male; kick-ass female; exhilarating romance!!!

He wanted-no, needed to see those blue eyes filled with pleasure, her head tilting back as she accepted his body into hers. by Lachlan

review 1

Great cover! I can see the book in it after reading, I can guess is in Scotland, the title is pertinent to the book, the red on the grass backdrop is beautiful.
This book had a great plot. Everything was perfect! Clean (no typo mistakes),  relevant,  perfect cohesively, with no weak points. In fact, there are a few sub-plots going on with some twists.
I love the concept of a woman rebelling against the outdated idea of arranged marriage.
I love all the characters. Maggie, the kick-ass heroine that ran away from home dressed as a boy and knows how to ride and work the bow. Lachlan the huge, alpha warrior that is tempted by the girl but is hung up on the past. The secondary characters are also amazing.
I love the romance, the couple's chemistry was instantaneous and undeniable. The lovemaking is beautiful! With good descriptions, creativity, and real enough.
It was a hard to put down book. Pretty addictive read!
I have ended wanting more. I'm really looking forward to read I guess Lachlan's sister love story.

Review 2

It's not a book with a lot of fresh new ideas, but it's masterfully crafted that you don't miss the great originality.

He was her first, and he would be her only. He never wanted another man to see that look she'd given him as she'd climaxed beneath him. by Lachlan

You MAY read this book because you enjoy historical reads; you SHOULD read this book because you like great characters; you MUST buy this book to fall in love not only with a highland couple, but with an entire clan!

This review was originally posted on More Books Than Livros

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highland Deception.